How much are your fees?
FOR GMAD SPONSORED DENTAL TRIPS:
The program cost per person is $1,800 plus airfare. Airfare typically ranges between $1,400 and $1,800, GMAD is planning on purchasing the airfare. Payments will be collected in three installments:
- $1,000 deposit per dentist due at application.
- $1600 per person due before plane tickets are purchased. (If you are planning to purchase your own airfare then you would only pay the remaining $800 of your program fee. Payment date to be announced)
- A final payment due after plane tickets are purchased will be determined based on the actual airfare amount. Payment will be due approximately 1-2 months prior to departure.
FOR INDEPENDENT DENTAL TRIPS:
- If you are a dentist that is volunteering less than 30 days
- The volunteer fee is a flat $1,800
- (Dr. Holliday volunteers for 20 days. The volunteer fee = $1,800)
- If you are not a dentist and are volunteering for less than 30 days
- The volunteer fee is a flat $720
- (Susan volunteers for 15 days. The volunteer fee = $720)
- If you volunteer for more than 30 days
- The volunteer fee is $24 per person per day
- Dentists start paying $24 a day after the first month
- (Dr. Holliday volunteers for 45 days. The volunteer fee = (15 x $24) + $1,800 = $2,160)
- Non dentists can be calculated from day one
- (Susan volunteers for 45 days. The volunteer fee = 45 x $24 = $1,080)
GMAD is a 501(c)(3) organization (EIN = 45-5615778). Program fees and travel costs are tax deductible. To learn more about the deductibility of travel costs, see Publication 526, Charitable Contributions at www.irs.gov.